- Published: Thursday, 11 March 2021 21:42
- Published: Saturday, 30 January 2021 20:43
Today I had a great dive with Dong and Vicki. The forecast was for less than ideal conditions with a large tide which means there would be a strong current and also for winds around 18kts. We left O’Sullivan Beach Boat Ramp about 11am and soon after arrived at the Dump. The wind had started to pick up and the odd white cap started to appear.
We had timed our dive to be at the dive site at the bottom of the tide to avoid the current. Once in the water there was very little water movement and as we descended the Vis was very good just a small amount of residual sediment from the tide.
- Published: Saturday, 16 January 2021 15:15
First dive on the Ex HMAS Hobart for quiet some time. The first few photos were taken inside a machinery space using my torch which seems to be quiet good as a video light. Blue Devils have moved in to many of the spaces and can be found throughout the ship. The upper deck and superstructure have become a fantastic reef system as some of the photos will show. Thanks to Thong dong and Vicky for making this a very enjoyable dive. This was an awesome dive on the HMAS Hobart today with Alan, Thong, Vicky, Dong, Pat, Alex, Gareth, and Angela. For this dive we had boat covers. SURPRISE Big thanks to Whiskey for lending us his boat.
- Published: Monday, 28 December 2020 19:27
- Published: Saturday, 13 June 2020 10:33
- The annual on the Seawolf was the last sanctioned dive and social since last meeting and lockdown. The club placed extra star droppers between the Seawolf and Lumb. The name on the Seawolf was also cleaned. Members of the club have been active in the water with Rod securing largest cray for the season. Apparently it was walking over sand saw Rod and gave up. It weighed in at 5.1KGs. Other divers have been active with local dives at The Dump, Stanvac Block and Jetty, Rapid Bay and Second valley and many more. Cleve mentioned that he had dived Port Noarlunga using a scooter and was able to get around both reefs on a single tank of air. Below are a few photos from members dives.
Membership can be renewed by direct debit to the following account. Please ensure you print out your transfer receipt and bring to the next meeting.
Name: Sea Wolves Dive Club BSB: 015208 Acc: 417913534
We meet every Tuesday evening, doors open from 7:30pm, meeting starts 8:30pm, 10 Bayford Rise, Morphett Vale, New Members Welcome!